How does pay later work?
In the On the GO!-app, you can choose your payment method: pay upfront or pay later. With pay later, you can easily start immediately with refueling or parking without a fixed budget or end time, you will receive your payment request after your transaction in the app and by email. You can easily pay via iDEAL on your phone, tablet or PC at a time that suits you, for example, at home on the sofa at night.
All the benefits summed up:
- Use it for refueling and parking.
- Ready? Continue your trip immediately!
- You will receive a payment request per mail and in the app.
- Pay your transaction at a time that suits you.
How does it work:
- To make use of pay later in the On the GO!-app, we ask you to provide us with some information about yourself. We check this (automatically) in our own and an external database.
- It is also asked to transfer €0,01 (only once), by doing this, we can confirm your bank account for pay later.
- After you transferred €0,01 one of the following traffic light scenarios will appear:
A green traffic light appears:
Yes! Pay later has been activated.
An orange traffic light appears:
We need to do a double-check.
You will get a notification if pay later has been activated within one working day.
A red traffic light appears:
Unfortunately, we can’t activate pay later (yet).
Activation of pay later
Because it is possible to first refuel and park with pay later, we need some extra information, so we get to know you a little bit better. We process a number of checks (based on the information that you provide us with), both in our own database and through an external database. Do not worry, this all happens safely.
These checks take place immediately, so we can let you know immediately if your activation has been approved. In some cases, we need to do some more research, in that case, you will here from us within 1 business day if pay later has been activated or not.
When do I need to pay?
- You will receive a payment request after:
- 5 days
- 5 transactions
- A total transaction sum of €50,-
- If you’ve reached one of the payment conditions, you will automatically receive a payment request in the app and by mail. You can use the app again when you’ve payed all the pending payments.
- Unfortunately we can’t change the payment term, because we offer our service for free and we have to pay the petrol stations the day after the transaction.
- We ask you to pay the pending payments within 24 hours, after receiving the payment request with iDEAL links. You can pay via the On the GO! App or via the email you received from us after the transaction.
- You have up to three weeks to meet an open payment request. Afraid you will forget to pay for it? No worries, we will send you some reminders.
- If you do not pay within the three week term, we unfortunately need to take additional costs into account.
- In case of non-payment, we will transfer the transaction to a debt collection agency. This is accompanied with additional costs.
- If you have any problems with a payment or questions considering a payment or transaction, please contact us!
Good to know:
- If you pay by using the payment request link in your email, please note that it takes a few minutes for the payment to be processed in the app and you can use the app again. It is therefore advisable to pay at home at a time that it suits you and not to wait until the next time you want to use the app.
- The overview of your payments can be found in the “History” section in the app. Here you will also see if you have any payments that haven’t been paid.
- If you have questions about a payment or pay later setting, you can always send us a message via the app and email: firstname.lastname@example.org